Definition of evolve :
1. To become open, disclosed, or developed; to pass through a process of evolution.
2. To throw out; to emit; as, to evolve odors.
3. To unfold or unroll; to open and expand; to disentangle and exhibit clearly and satisfactorily; to develop; to derive; to educe.
learn, educate, gain, formulate, develop, shoot, emerge, explicate, originate, make grow, prepare, unfold, reason, germinate, train, grow, pullulate, burgeon forth, elaborate, take, modernise, take on, bourgeon, uprise, rise, produce, get, arise, assume, recrudesce, build up, acquire, derive, break, educe, result, win, spud, modernize, sprout, excogitate, larn, show, adopt, spring up
- You will begin to see him scratch his head to evolve ideas. - "Natural and Artificial Duck Culture", James Rankin.
- Religions seek to evolve the moral and intellectual natures, and to aid the spiritual nature to unfold itself. - "Esoteric Christianity, or The Lesser Mysteries", Annie Besant.
- The machine that was growing in a mare's- nest on the second floor began to evolve faster. - "The Fourth R", George Oliver Smith.