Definition of exaltation:
- An abnormal sense of personal well- being, power, or importance, - a symptom observed in various forms of insanity.
- That place of a planet in the zodiac in which it was supposed to exert its strongest influence.
- The act of exalting or raising high; also, the state of being exalted; elevation.
- The refinement or subtilization of a body, or the increasing of its virtue or principal property.
nonsuch, go, happy, demote, tape transport, transport, nirvana, aggrandizement, regard, rhapsody, elevate, extolment, ennoblement, nonesuch, disco biscuit, ictus, pleasure, lift, transfer, transportation, brownie points, shipping, happiness, elation, exalt, animation, contentment, elatedness, jollity, advancement, delight, hug drug, magnification, a pat on the back, bump up, euphoria, transferral, exhilaration, saint, divest, seizure, recognition, ecstasy, nonpareil, raptus, joy, conveyance, inspiration, tape drive, rise, deification, laudation, apotheosis, ideal, uplift, elation, rapture, downgrade, paragon, catapult, cristal, credit.
- elevation (part of speech: noun)
- worship (part of speech: noun)
- praise (part of speech: noun)
- "The Prophetic Camera", John McGreevey.
Such was my state of exaltation that when my little sister came, full of joy, to me, with her new doll, I turned contemptuously away from her, and sneered at it, and said, 'Who wants to look at a doll?- "Two Festivals", Eliza Lee Follen.
- "The Great Return", Arthur Machen.