Definition of examination :
1. A process prescribed or assigned for testing qualification; as, the examination of a student, or of a candidate for admission to the bar or the ministry.
2. The act of examining, or state of being examined; a careful search, investigation, or inquiry; scrutiny by study or experiment.
testing, experiment, catechism, run, check, questionnaire, scan, autopsy, investigate, final, overhaul, test, battery, trial run, mental testing, tryout, makeup, perusal, questioning, search, study, physical, mental test, investigation, audit, examen, comprehensive, interrogative sentence, enquiry, interrogative, observation, interrogatory, catechization, medical, going-over, quest, exam, inquisition, psychometric test, checkup, trial
dissertation (part of speech: noun)
contention, essay, interpolation, article, discussion, thesis, position, assertion, argument, hypothesis, research, commentary, criticism, analysis, conjecture, postulation, opinion, premise, dissertation, critique
question (part of speech: noun)
inspection (part of speech: noun)
- " You know I never was in an examination before," she said.
- You can do this first examination by next spring." - "The Doctor A Tale Of The Rockies", Ralph Connor.
- " We shall have to go back the way we came," he said, when he had finished his examination. - "Arsene Lupin", Edgar Jepson Maurice Leblanc.