Definition of example:
- An instance serving for illustration of a rule or precept, especially a problem to be solved, or a case to be determined, as an exercise in the application of the rules of any study or branch of science; as, in trigonometry and grammar, the principles and rules are illustrated by examples.
- One or a portion taken to show the character or quality of the whole; a sample; a specimen.
- That which is to be avoided; one selected for punishment and to serve as a warning; a warning.
- That which is to be followed or imitated as a model; a pattern or copy.
- That which resembles or corresponds with something else; a precedent; a model.
- To set an example for; to give a precedent for; to exemplify; to give an instance of; to instance.
physical exertion, use, modelling, moral, congresswoman, pattern, lead the way, warning, fashion model, copy, character, lawsuit, type, manikin, pillow slip, employment, exercise, teach, utilisation, lesson, lemma, modeling, physical exercise, mirror, corpus, grammatical case, exemplar, sheath, model, manakin, typeface, exemplification, face, symbol, voice, set a pattern, font, fount, representative, practice, guinea pig, definition, substitute, cause, good, lexicography, workout, precedent, causa, warn, typesetter's case, pillowcase, deterrent example, theoretical account, caseful, mannequin, case, dictionary, framework, standard, paradigm, exponent, poser, shell, exercising, vitrine, event, interpreter, template, instance, illustration, eccentric, spokesperson, archetype, ensample, utilization, usage, drill, lead, casing, suit, mannikin, recitation, good example, original, quotation, citation, congressman, behave as a model, subject, practice session, object lesson, same, display case, role model, the personification of something, showcase, lexicon, part, slip, stereotype, compositor's case, beau ideal, concordance, headword.
- "The White Shield", Bertram Mitford.
- "Community Civics and Rural Life", Arthur W. Dunn.
- "The Man Who Rose Again", Joseph Hocking.