Definition of excellence :
1. A title of honor or respect; - more common in the form excellency.
2. An excellent or valuable quality; that by which any one excels or is eminent; a virtue.
3. The quality of being excellent; state of possessing good qualities in an eminent degree; exalted merit; superiority in virtue.
justice, chastity, probity, virtue, uprightness, truth, faithfulness, rightness, virtuousness, excellency, duty, morality, good, integrity, superbness, rectitude, worth, beauty, honesty, honor, purity, righteousness
goodness (part of speech: noun)
superiority (part of speech: noun)
- The wonderful voice of the master- mahout loomed above all: " Wisdom and excellence are thy parts, oh Thou! - "Son of Power", Will Levington Comfort and Zamin Ki Dost.
- Now she unconsciously strove for greater excellence than ever before, as Emperor Euphrates questioned the trader further. - "Si'Wren of the Patriarchs", Roland Cheney.
- And you took the excellence of my intentions on trust? - "The Coast of Adventure", Harold Bindloss.