Definition of exceptional:
exceeding, preeminent, portentous, particular, olympian, magnificent, especial, stupendous, better, colossal, uncommon, prodigious, surpassing, majestic, usual, standout, awesome, towering, special, abnormal, transcendent, out of sight, extraordinary.
- exceptional (part of speech: adjective)
- qualified (part of speech: adjective)
- unusual (part of speech: adjective)
nonconforming (part of speech: adjective)
- out of the ordinary,
- "Education in The Home, The Kindergarten, and The Primary School", Elizabeth P. Peabody.
- "The Firm of Girdlestone", Arthur Conan Doyle.
Sometimes in the case of an exceptional couple, well suited to each other, they really are charming, and then it is the most beautiful marriage conceivable- two young things, starting off hand in hand on lifeÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã¢âÂ¢ s journey, brave- hearted, loving, full of high hopes.- "Modern marriage and how to bear it", Maud Churton Braby.