Definition of excessive:
unwarranted, lush, luxuriant, ebullient, prodigal, immoderate, spendthrift, disproportionate, riotous, unjustified, unrestrained, extravagant, undue, inordinate, lavish, profligate, excess, unreasonable, unnecessary, overdone, exuberant, uncalled-for, overweening, too much, profuse, too great, uppity, high-spirited, overmuch, overmuch.
- gluttonous (part of speech: adjective)
- extreme (part of speech: adjective)
- intemperate (part of speech: adjective)
- superfluous (part of speech: adjective)
- wordy (part of speech: adjective)
- "Paris From the "Three Cities"", Emile Zola.
- "The Ascent of the Matterhorn", Edward Whymper.
11. When they left the province of Quito they took away more than six thousand Indians, men and women of whom not twenty men returned to their country: because they all died of the great and excessive labours imposed on them, in countries far from their native land.- "Bartholomew de Las Casas; his life, apostolate, and writings", Francis Augustus MacNutt.