Definition of excitement:
- A state of aroused or increased vital activity in an organism, or any of its organs or tissues.
- That which excites or rouses; that which moves, stirs, or induces action; a motive.
- The act of exciting, or the state of being roused into action, or of having increased action; impulsion; agitation; as, an excitement of the people.
intensity, hot, ferment, unrest, fermentation, warmth, redness, tempestuousness, exhilaration, transport, excite, fervidness, excitation, feelings, heat, ignition, turmoil, ecstasy, agitation, devotion, irritation, kindling, upheaval, hullabaloo, upthrust, rapture, tumult, uplift, upthrow, fanaticism, ardour, fervour, frenzy, lighting, firing, convulsion, vehemence, inflaming, fervor, inflammation, innervation, rubor, inspiration, extravagance.
- drama (part of speech: noun)
- emotion (part of speech: noun)
- agitation (part of speech: noun)
- enthusiasm (part of speech: noun)
- vigor (part of speech: noun)
- excitement (part of speech: noun)
- "Two Boys and a Fortune", Matthew White, Jr..
- "A Victorious Union SERIES: The Blue and the Gray--Afloat", Oliver Optic.
- "Lord Dolphin", Harriet A. Cheever.