Definition of exclusion :
1. The act of excluding, or of shutting out, whether by thrusting out or by preventing admission; a debarring; rejection; prohibition; the state of being excluded.
2. The act of expelling or ejecting a fetus or an egg from the womb.
3. Thing emitted.
barring, nonadmission, erecting barriers, cut, animadversion, eviction, dismissal, blockade, elision, censure, refusal, ousting, interdiction, suspension, forcing out, exception, debarring, riddance, omission, shutting out, preventing admission, projection, extrusion, embargo
exclusion (part of speech: noun)
disbarment, expatriation, amputation, prohibition, proscription, extradition, deportation, exile, removal, ban, excision, forbiddance, relegation, boycott, ostracism, renouncement, banishment, abscission, excommunication
seclusion (part of speech: noun)
confinement, loneliness, aloneness, segregation, separation, misanthropy, captivity, isolation, standoffishness, aloofness, detachment, reclusion, solitude, apartheid, seclusion, xenophobia, anonymity, alienation, extirpation
rejection (part of speech: noun)
- Having said this aloud to Gussie, Gussieâ€™ s mind could also tackle the minor concrete details to the exclusion of the bigger considerations involved in Teddyâ€™ s plight.
- Permanent exclusion from caste is imposed only for living with a man or woman of another caste other than those who may become Dhanwars, or for taking food from a member of an impure caste, the only ones which are lower than the Dhanwars. - "The Tribes and Castes of the Central Provinces of India Volume II", R. V. Russell.
- The events of her Dalton life rose before her to the exclusion of all other memories, and filled all her thoughts. - "The Living Link", James De Mille.