Definition of exclusive:
- Having the power of preventing entrance; debarring from participation or enjoyment; possessed and enjoyed to the exclusion of others; as, exclusive bars; exclusive privilege; exclusive circles of society.
- Not taking into the account; excluding from consideration; - opposed to inclusive; as, five thousand troops, exclusive of artillery.
- One of a coterie who exclude others; one who from real of affected fastidiousness limits his acquaintance to a select few.
snappy, snooty, announcement, swish, unswerving, au courant, pocket, notice, plain, undemocratic, swanky, byline, upmarket, trendy, independent, within limits, limiting, article, scoopful, centerfold, elect, swanky, undivided, inside, cool, under control, luxurious, high-hat, closed, headline-grabbing, prohibitive, socially correct, artwork, collect, select, selective, modish, newscast, choice, particular, exclusionary, alone, news, current affairs, advice column, unshared, intensive, snobby, communique, posh, clannish, fashionable, voguish, part, liquid ecstasy, concentrated, select, sumptuous, incompatible, tony, focused, expensive, ritzy, cheesecake, grievous bodily harm, posh, newsroom, in, preferential, scoop, cartoon, sharp, whole, extravagant, all, hip, restricted, happening, entire, elite, high-end, segregated, swell, edge, specific, soap, newsworthy, classified ad, only, include, finite, swank, costly, cliquish, limited, goop, aristocratic, privileged, restrictive, single, aloof, banner headline, fancy, smart, snobbish, circumscribed, chic, supercool, sole, easy lay, pricey, cliquish, ritzy, fresh, max, inner, high-class, scoop shovel, front-page, chosen.
There is nothing exclusive in the knowledge save as every science is exclusive; those who are born with a faculty, and train the faculty, can master its appropriate science, while those who start in life without any faculty, or those who do not develop it if they have it, must be content to remain in ignorance.- "Esoteric Christianity, or The Lesser Mysteries", Annie Besant.
- "The Red Rover", James Fenimore Cooper.
- "The Sea: Its Stirring Story of Adventure, Peril, & Heroism. Volume 1", Frederick Whymper.