Definition of execute:
- To complete, as a legal instrument; to perform what is required to give validity to, as by signing and perhaps sealing and delivering; as, to execute a deed, lease, mortgage, will, etc.
- To do one's work; to act one's part of purpose.
- To follow out or through to the end; to carry out into complete effect; to complete; to finish; to effect; to perform.
- To give effect to; to do what is provided or required by; to perform the requirements or stimulations of; as, to execute a decree, judgment, writ, or process.
- To infect capital punishment on; to put to death in conformity to a legal sentence; as, to execute a traitor.
- To perform musically.
- To perform, as a piece of music, either on an instrument or with the voice; as, to execute a difficult part brilliantly.
- Too put to death illegally; to kill.
go through, action, campaign, take to the woods, range, race, meet, render, escape, tend, unravel, actualize, behead, make out, incline, carry out, black market, hunt, attain, work out, practice, implement, draw, bleed, fly the coop, discharge, melt down, electrocute, effectuate, practise, be given, flow, run for, extend, coif, come, hunt down, ply, coiffe, satisfy, pull through, arrange, sue, serve, turn tail, live up to, persist, carry, dispense, lam, break away, over, save, go, pull off, fare, die hard, carry through, prevail, track down, scat, melt, feed, performing arts, swing, accomplish, head for the hills, put through, run away, bring through, invoke, set, keep, bunk, answer, litigate, fulfill, run, scarper, get along, consort, guide, suffice, follow up, follow out, prosecute, course, fulfil, pass, lean, commit, follow through, play, endure, reach, realize, interpret, put to death, bring to pass, hightail it, obligation, process, ladder, bring off, dress, coiffure, administrate.
- complete (part of speech: verb)
- kill (part of speech: verb)
- control (part of speech: verb)
effect (part of speech: verb)
- bring about
- produce (part of speech: verb)
- act (part of speech: verb)
- cause (part of speech: verb)
- punish (part of speech: verb)
- "History of the French Revolution from 1789 to 1814", F. A. M. Miguet.
- "The Secret of the Night", Gaston Leroux.
- "Memoir, Correspondence, And Miscellanies, From The Papers Of Thomas Jefferson", Thomas Jefferson.