Definition of exhausting:
- enervating (part of speech: verb)
- exiting (part of speech: verb)
- consuming (part of speech: verb)
- fatiguing (part of speech: verb)
rejecting (part of speech: verb)
- losing (part of speech: verb)
- "Sages and Heroes of the American Revolution", L. Carroll Judson.
It must be so; we shall both die before long, you of consumption, I of exhausting decline; for I am now reduced to enjoying your shadow during the day, during the night, always, everywhere, except when I am in your presence."- "The Memoires of Casanova, Complete The Rare Unabridged London Edition Of 1894, plus An Unpublished Chapter of History, By Arthur Symons", Jacques Casanova de Seingalt.
It was cold- for, alas, in the dwellings of the poor want of fresh air and ventilation does not mean warmth- and now and then she stirred the embers, though carefully, as if anxious to extract what warmth she could without exhausting its source.- "A Christmas Posy", Mary Louisa Stewart Molesworth.