Definition of existence :
1. Continued or repeated manifestation; occurrence, as of events of any kind; as, the existence of a calamity or of a state of war.
2. That which exists; a being; a creature; an entity; as, living existences.
3. The state of existing or being; actual possession of being; continuance in being; as, the existence of body and of soul in union; the separate existence of the soul; immortal existence.
origination, founding, time, introduction, living, object, Nineteen Eighty Four, modus vivendi, corporality, continuation, individual, cosmea, universe, human beings, public, population, humanity, humankind, man, life cycle, globe, creation, worldly concern, macrocosm, span, lifestyle, duration, universe of discourse, earth, foundation, conception, actuality, creative activity, human race, initiation, life expectancy, the simple life, lifetime, permanence, life, earthly concern, lifespan, living standards, thingness, instauration, live, existent, organism, term, entity, existential, something, way of life, mankind, domain, be, humans, beingness, innovation, counterculture, survival, world, coexistence, populace, cosmos, history, corporeality, real, day, the high life, institution
existence (part of speech: noun)
presence (part of speech: noun)
- " I had found here the existence which suited me, and now the end has come. - "Not Pretty, But Precious", John Hay, et al..
- 4. Impression of Future Existence. - "The Philosophy of the Moral Feelings", John Abercrombie.
- It was because he was thinking very hard about that previous existence that he started so when he suddenly heard a sound- away off in the distance. - "The Adventures of a Freshman", Jesse Lynch Williams.