Definition of existence:
- Continued or repeated manifestation; occurrence, as of events of any kind; as, the existence of a calamity or of a state of war.
- That which exists; a being; a creature; an entity; as, living existences.
- The state of existing or being; actual possession of being; continuance in being; as, the existence of body and of soul in union; the separate existence of the soul; immortal existence.
Nineteen Eighty Four, innovation, creative activity, universe of discourse, world, corporality, population, living, lifestyle, day, domain, initiation, life expectancy, time, span, introduction, lifetime, way of life, macrocosm, the simple life, permanence, corporeality, earthly concern, cosmea, beingness, lifespan, live, entity, being, human beings, cosmos, foundation, humans, living standards, life, public, human race, be, actuality, instauration, populace, universe, life cycle, founding, individual, the high life, origination, object, duration, earth, organism, survival, humankind, mankind, creation, real, history, man, counterculture, globe, conception, coexistence, worldly concern, something, term, existent, modus vivendi, thingness, institution, continuation, humanity, existential.
- "Not Pretty, But Precious", John Hay, et al..
- "The Philosophy of the Moral Feelings", John Abercrombie.
- "The Adventures of a Freshman", Jesse Lynch Williams.