Definition of expanse:
distance, expanded surface, end run, stretch, scope, space, radius, field, slam, place, reach, area, extension, orbit, surface area, spread, region, reach, stretch, uninterrupted space, fairness, territory, domain, expansion, sweep oar, sphere, continuous area, sweep, range, country, remoteness, wide extent, wilderness, spread, span, immensity, margin, latitude, arena, distance, chimneysweep, belt, room, space, chimneysweeper, compass.
- size (part of speech: noun)
- thickness (part of speech: noun)
- "The Captives", Hugh Walpole.
- "The Garden Of Allah", Robert Hichens.
- "The Life of Sir Richard Burton", Thomas Wright.