Definition of expatriate:
deportee, expatriation, immigration, outcast, accept, deportation, comport, evacuee, emigre, acquit, residence, dislodge, expat, discharge, behave, transportation, conduct, asylum, drive out, deliver, dismiss, transport, carry, bear, emigrant.
- exclude (part of speech: verb)
- seclude (part of speech: verb)
- foreigner (part of speech: noun)
- "Parisian Points of View", Ludovic HalÚvy Commentator: Brander Matthews.
I have known, By treason snared, some captives shown; Expatriate from their native Rhone, Led off, their saline pastures far from view: And on a day, with prompt rebound, They have flung their riders to the ground, And at a single gallop, scouring free, Wide- nostril'd to the wind, twice ten Of long marsh- leagues devour'd, and then, Back to the Vacares again, After ten years of slavery just to breathe salt sea For of this savage race unbent, The ocean is the element.- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "The Heart of Una Sackville", Mrs. George de Horne Vaizey.