Definition of expectant:
enceinte, gravid, ready, large, hopeful, with child, anticipative, gaping, hoping, watchful, reproduction, indifferent, heavy, waiting, nonchalant, pregnant, surprise, great, prepared, vigilant, wild, anticipatory, gone, raring, anticipant, apprehensive, big.
- desirous (part of speech: adjective)
- pregnant (part of speech: adjective)
- hopeful (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Roman Poets of the Republic", W. Y. Sellar.
- "Out of the Primitive", Robert Ames Bennet.
- "Drift from Two Shores", Bret Harte.