Definition of expedition:
- A sending forth or setting forth the execution of some object of consequence; progress.
- An important enterprise, implying a change of place; especially, a warlike enterprise; a march or a voyage with martial intentions; an excursion by a body of persons for a valuable end; as, a military, naval, exploring, or scientific expedition; also, the body of persons making such excursion.
- The quality of being expedite; efficient promptness; haste; dispatch; speed; quickness; as to carry the mail with expedition.
jaunt, pilgrimage, caravan, haste, crowd, despatch, speediness, pleasure trip, picnic, chasse, communique, hustle, sashay, patrol, military expedition, expeditiousness, campaign, army, rapidness, field day, travel, cavalcade, team, party, dispatch, hurry, fleetness, outing, quickness, speed, swiftness, hostile expedition, company, promptness, excursion, fleet, rapidity, shipment, fast, posse, contingent, band, digression, squadron, celerity, junket, move, transit, alacrity.
- "The Idol of Paris", Sarah Bernhardt.
- "Gigolo", Edna Ferber.
- "The Enchanted Canyon", Honoré Willsie Morrow.