Definition of expert:
- A specialist in a particular profession or department of science requiring for its mastery peculiar culture and erudition.
- A sworn appraiser.
- An expert or experienced person; one instructed by experience; one who has skill, experience, or extensive knowledge in his calling or in any special branch of learning.
- Taught by use, practice, or experience, experienced; having facility of operation or performance from practice; knowing and ready from much practice; clever; skillful; as, an expert surgeon; expert in chess or archery.
- To experience.
nice, ability, effective, safe, bright, happy, in effect, salutary, past master, upright, quick-witted, sound, serious, technological, technical, just, honorable, quick, dear, professional, proficient, skilful, dab, honest, unspoilt, keen, estimable, beneficial, dab hand, unspoiled, respectable, sharp, skillful, skilled, well, undecomposed, ripe, full, smart, practiced, adept, knowing, in force, dependable, ingenious, good, ace, near, practised, right, secure.
- judge (part of speech: noun)
- sage (part of speech: noun)
- veteran (part of speech: noun)
- sagacious (part of speech: adjective)
- expert (part of speech: noun)
- artistic (part of speech: adjective)
- skillful (part of speech: adjective)
- prodigy (part of speech: noun)
- scholar (part of speech: noun)
- "The Wailing Octopus", Harold Leland Goodwin.
- "The Complete Historical Romances of Georg Ebers", Georg Ebers.
- "Hopalong Cassidy", Clarence E. Mulford.