Definition of explosive:
- A sound produced by an explosive impulse of the breath; ( Phonetics) one of consonants p, b, t, d, k, g, which are sounded with a sort of explosive power of voice. [ See Guide to Pronunciation, Ã 155- 7, 184.]
- An explosive agent; a compound or mixture susceptible of a rapid chemical reaction, as gunpowder, or nitro- glycerine.
- Driving or bursting out with violence and noise; causing explosion; as, the explosive force of gunpowder.
detonative, dangerous, raging, loaded, touch-and-go, detonating, harmless, charged, perilous, fickle, tense, sudden, critical, exploding, dangerous, gentle, inflammable, mild, volatile, bursting, unstable, uneventful, flammable, atomic, inflammable.
- excitable (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Master Mystery", Arthur B. Reeve and John W. Grey.
- "Ismailia", Samuel W. Baker.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.