Definition of export:
- That which is exported; a commodity conveyed from one country or State to another in the way of traffic; - used chiefly in the plural, exports.
- The act of exporting; exportation; as, to prohibit the export of wheat or tobacco.
- To carry away; to remove.
- To carry or send abroad, or out of a country, especially to foreign countries, as merchandise or commodities in the way of commerce; - the opposite of import; as, to export grain, cotton, cattle, goods, etc.
- "Great Violinists And Pianists", George T. Ferris.
- "A Proposal for the Better Supplying of Churches in Our Foreign Plantations, and for Converting the Savage Americans to Christianity", George Berkeley.
The commerce of the United States with foreign nations, and especially the export of domestic productions, has of late years largely increased; but the greater portion of this trade is conducted in foreign vessels.- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.