Definition of expose:
- A formal recital or exposition of facts; exposure, or revelation, of something which some one wished to keep concealed.
- To deprive of concealment; to discover; to lay open to public inspection, or bring to public notice, as a thing that shuns publicity, something criminal, shameful, or the like; as, to expose the faults of a neighbor.
- To disclose the faults or reprehensible practices of; to lay open to general condemnation or contempt by making public the character or arts of; as, to expose a cheat, liar, or hypocrite.
- To lay bare; to lay open to attack, danger, or anything objectionable; to render accessible to anything which may affect, especially detrimentally; to make liable; as, to expose one's self to the heat of the sun, or to cold, insult, danger, or ridicule; to expose an army to destruction or defeat.
- To set forth; to set out to public view; to exhibit; to show; to display; as, to expose goods for sale; to expose pictures to public inspection.
get around, crack, strike, give out, damp, break up, chance on, get out, ferret out, light upon, betray, interrupt, bring on, describe, let on, attain, tell, offend, disclose, go, frustrate, distinguish, erupt, stag, violate, hear, fall in, discontinue, tell on, prove, kick downstairs, snap off, discern, come upon, lay open, grass, snitch, parade, set off, shop, get a line, unmasking, pause, divulge, ambuscade, chance upon, dampen, breach, pick up, split up, break in, reveal, name, rat, better, publish, develop, utter, wear out, foil, get wind, unroll, key, founder, let loose, denounce, menace, fall upon, jeopardize, unfold, queer, make known, stop, come across, bring out, scupper, spoil, split, show off, imperil, debunk, see, happen upon, spill, infract, check, brandish, uncover, disport, lurk, widen, air, give, transgress, sport, cave in, march, break away, burst, bump, lay bare, relegate, blab, peril, ruin, put out, protection, bust, impart, thwart, give way, go against, introduce, subject, give away, demote, weaken, get word, recrudesce, learn, cross, scotch, produce, ambush, soften, fall apart, conk out, invent, baffle, bushwhack, break down, ascertain, die, come apart, separate, smash, waylay, threaten, discover, exhibit, fracture, jeopardise, go bad, part, notice, collapse, flash, break-dance, descry, issue, wear, shit, put on, break off, intermit, emit, fail, break, observe, smoke out, untie, endanger, key out, demo, bilk, lie in wait, bankrupt, break out, let out, find out, display.
- discover (part of speech: verb)
- reveal (part of speech: verb)
- divest (part of speech: verb)
- open (part of speech: verb)
- shame (part of speech: verb)
- demonstrate (part of speech: verb)
- demonstration (part of speech: noun)
- uncover (part of speech: verb)