Definition of expression:
- A form of words in which an idea or sentiment is conveyed; a mode of speech; a phrase; as, a common expression; an odd expression.
- Lively or vivid representation of meaning, sentiment, or feeling, etc.; significant and impressive indication, whether by language, appearance, or gesture; that manner or style which gives life and suggestive force to ideas and sentiments; as, he reads with expression; her performance on the piano has expression.
- That which is expressed by a countenance, a posture, a work of art, etc.; look, as indicative of thought or feeling.
- The act of declaring or signifying; declaration; utterance; as, an expression of the public will.
- The act of expressing; the act of forcing out by pressure; as, the expression of juices or oils; also, of extorting or eliciting; as, a forcible expression of truth.
- The representation of any quantity by its appropriate characters or signs.
verbal expression, eloquentness, simper, facial gesture, convention, turn of phrase, creation, computational, gesture, binomial, delineation, countenance, reflectivity, elucidation, reflection, invention, term, flavour, expressiveness, words, rumination, mirror image, indication, recipe, long face, utterance, grin, spirit, reflexion, exposition, grimace, cast, port, font, average, locution, language, eye, countdown, articulacy, normal, manner, algorithm, explanation, contemplation, decimal place, emotion, way, rule, pout, structure, channel, quaver, feeling, verbiage, word, carriage, sign, depiction, representation, token, speech, mug, archaism, imperative, case, facundity, boldness, anglicism, observation, visage, phrasing, panorama, diagnosis, tremor, communications, acrostic, smirk, affect, portrayal, definition, anagram, networking, wording, glare, feel, style, materialisation, building, chant, abacus, preparation, thoughtfulness, conceptualization, facet, looking at, face, frown, brass, rendition, construction, articulateness, illustration, articulation, clue, voice, mental synthesis, musing, pattern, catch-all, deviation, Arabism, sort, formula, cadence, composition, prospect, conceptualisation, formulation, grammatical construction, verbalization, express, vista, approximation, calculation, fount, twist, commentary, chemical formula, flavor, smell, smile, demeanor, algorithm, manifestation, show, side, croak, sneer, cheek, view, air, looking, mien, behavior, character, human face, nerve, eloquence, twang, tone, Americanism, typeface, expressivity, narration, look, bearing, interchange, facial expression, fashion, mask, statement, interpretation, borrowing, description, vocalization, diction, saying, inflection, scene, aspect, break.
- disclosure (part of speech: noun)
- phrase (part of speech: noun)
- manifestation (part of speech: noun)