Definition of Extending:
- lengthening (part of speech: verb)
giving (part of speech: verb)
- offering (part of speech: verb)
- extending (part of speech: verb)
- increasing (part of speech: verb)
- expanding (part of speech: verb)
- continuing (part of speech: verb)
In the morning of the same day about two hours after sunrise, when prayers were over, we saw the south- land straight ahead to the great joy of all of us; it was east of us, at about 3 or 5 miles' distance by estimation, when we got sight of it; it was a low- lying coast extending mainly N. N. E. and S. S. W. as given in the chart, so far as we could see.- "The Part Borne by the Dutch in the Discovery of Australia 1606-1765", J. E. Heeres.
- "The Nest of the Sparrowhawk", Baroness Orczy.
- "The Child Under Eight", E.R. Murray and Henrietta Brown Smith.