Definition of extension:
- A written engagement on the part of a creditor, allowing a debtor further time to pay a debt.
- Capacity of a concept or general term to include a greater or smaller number of objects; - correlative of intension.
- That property of a body by which it occupies a portion of space.
- The act of extending or the state of being extended; a stretching out; enlargement in breadth or continuation of length; increase; augmentation; expansion.
- The operation of stretching a broken bone so as to bring the fragments into the same straight line.
- The straightening of a limb, in distinction from flexion.
point of reference, realm, cite, wing, elongation, consultation, citation, flank, fender, distance, credit, indication, propagation, extension phone, filename extension, offstage, size, reference book, swing, scope, acknowledgment, character reference, sweep, reference work, extent, denotation, ambit, reference, annex, telephone extension, arm, quotation, concomitant, book of facts, purview, university extension, computer address, delay, long, lengthiness, mention, reference point, branch, supplement, length, perpetuation, part, territory, sphere, generation, annexe, character, range, extension service, spread, source, address, width, reach, prolongation, file name extension, compass, backstage, orbit.
- augmentation (part of speech: noun)
- accompaniment (part of speech: noun)
- continuation (part of speech: noun)
- expansion (part of speech: noun)
- increase (part of speech: noun)
- "The Future of Road-making in America", Archer Butler Hulbert.
- "Complete State of the Union Addresses from 1790 to the Present", Various.
- "The Leak", Jacques Futrelle.