Definition of extensive :
1. Capable of being extended.
2. Having wide extent; of much superficial extent; expanded; large; broad; wide; comprehensive; as, an extensive farm; an extensive lake; an extensive sphere of operations; extensive benevolence; extensive greatness.
inclusive, wide-reaching, blanket, substantial, all-embracing, deep, far-flung, widely, widespread, broad-spectrum, considerable, tidy, healthy, all-around, 101, panoptic, encompassing, abundant, all-encompassing, far-ranging, global, overall, general, drawn-out, broad-brush, prolonged, coarse, across-the-board, unrestricted, blow-by-blow, extended, king-size, wide-ranging, specific, descriptive, all-round, sweeping, commodious, large-scale, elaborate, detailed, protracted, lengthened, all-inclusive, lengthy, edited, boundless, rangy, thorough, far-reaching, good
large (part of speech: adjective)
gargantuan, sizable, ample, lofty, magnificent, colossal, soaring, majestic, giant, enormous, big, voluminous, immense, huge, copious, awesome, gigantic, generous, expansive, baggy, large, bulky, capacious, impressive, towering, grandiose, cavernous, mammoth, comprehensive, tremendous, prodigious, roomy, vast, massive, humongous, elephantine, grand, princely, spacious, great
size (part of speech: adjective)
long (part of speech: adjective)
- As a boy of twelve Hauser made an extensive and successful concert tour. - "Famous Violinists of To-day and Yesterday", Henry C. Lahee.
- From this hill we had an extensive view of all the country to the west and north of the Menai Hills. - "Journals Of Two Expeditions Of Discovery In North-West And Western Australia, Vol. 2 (of 2)", George Grey.
- Good- bye till we meet in Boston, and cultivate your goodnature according to my extensive needs. - "Notes of a Son and Brother", Henry James.