Definition of exterior:
- External; on the outside; without the limits of; extrinsic; as, an object exterior to a man, opposed to what is within, or in his mind.
- External; outward; pertaining to that which is external; - opposed to interior; as, the exterior part of a sphere.
- Outward or external deportment, form, or ceremony; visible act; as, the exteriors of religion.
- Relating to foreign nations; foreign; as, the exterior relations of a state or kingdom.
- The outward surface or part of a thing; that which is external; outside.
- objective (part of speech: adjective)
- outward (part of speech: adjective)
- objectivity (part of speech: noun)
But she was more respectful to Isabel's simplicity than at first, and avoided dangerous edges and treacherous ground in a manner that surprised herself, telling her of the pageants at Court and fair exterior of it all, and little about the poisonous conversations and jests and the corrupt souls that engaged in them.- "By What Authority?", Robert Hugh Benson.
- "Hilda Wade A Woman With Tenacity Of Purpose", Grant Allen.
- "Napoleon the Little", Victor Hugo.