Definition of extraction:
- Derivation from a stock or family; lineage; descent; birth; the stock from which one has descended.
- That which is extracted; extract; essence.
- The act of extracting, or drawing out; as, the extraction of a tooth, of a bone or an arrow from the body, of a stump from earth, of a passage from a book, of an essence or tincture.
fall, parentage, declination, birth, declivity, line of descent, blood, root, declension, precede, ancestry, line, blood line, bloodline, genealogy, stock, filiation, kin, origination, source, inception, stemma, lineage, beginning, downslope, decline, descent, origin, rootage, pedigree, family.
- "Man of Many Minds", E. Everett Evans.
- "Happy-Thought Hall", F. C. Burnand.
- "In the Heart of a Fool", William Allen White.