Definition of extravagantly:
- expensively (part of speech: adverb)
- superfluously (part of speech: adverb)
- wastefully (part of speech: adverb)
- gluttonously (part of speech: adverb)
An assembly was then held in which Alcibiades complained of and deplored his private misfortune in having been banished, and speaking at great length upon public affairs, highly incited their hopes for the future, and extravagantly magnified his own influence with Tissaphernes.- "The History of the Peloponnesian War", Thucydides.
- "Our Legal Heritage, 4th Ed.", S. A. Reilly.
This, however, is a fabrication, for we know that he conversed with the Athenians through an interpreter, though he was able to speak their language, because he wished to keep to the ways of his fathers, and administer a rebuke to those who extravagantly admired the Greeks.- "Plutarch's Lives, Volume II", Aubrey Stewart & George Long.