Definition of extravasation :
1. The act of forcing or letting out of its proper vessels or ducts, as a fluid; effusion; as, an extravasation of blood after a rupture of the vessels.
2. The issue of lava and other volcanic products from the earth.
excretion (part of speech: noun)
- The popliteal artery, however, is liable to be compressed or torn across in fractures of the lower end of the femur; extravasation of blood from the ruptured artery and gangrene of the limb may result. - "Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities--Head--Neck. Sixth Edition.", Alexander Miles Alexis Thomson.
- Two days later a gangrene swelling of the face, an extravasation of the blood, a running sore which ate away his face, were the price of his devotion or the result of his imprudence." - "Marguerite de Valois", Alexandre Dumas.
- Rarely extravasation of blood. - "Aids to Forensic Medicine and Toxicology", W. G. Aitchison Robertson.