Definition of extreme:
- An extreme state or condition; hence, calamity, danger, distress, etc.
- At the utmost point, edge, or border; outermost; utmost; farthest; most remote; at the widest limit.
- Either of the extreme terms of a syllogism, the middle term being interposed between them.
- Extended or contracted as much as possible; - said of intervals; as, an extreme sharp second; an extreme flat forth.
- Last; final; conclusive; - said of time; as, the extreme hour of life.
- Radical; ultra; as, extreme opinions.
- The best of worst; most urgent; greatest; highest; immoderate; excessive; most violent; as, an extreme case; extreme folly.
- The first or the last term of a proportion or series.
- The utmost point or verge; that part which terminates a body; extremity.
- Utmost limit or degree that is supposable or tolerable; hence, furthest degree; any undue departure from the mean; -- often in the plural: things at an extreme distance from each other, the most widely different states, etc.; as, extremes of heat and cold, of virtue and vice; extremes meet.
advanced, extremum, revolutionary, unqualified, ultimate, essential, organic, profuse, fanatic, absolute, outrageous, ultra, fanatical, thoroughgoing, improper, perfect, furthest, intemperate, fundamental, fabulous, primitive, last, thorough, restrained, outmost, way-out, extravagant, preposterous, utmost, sheer, innate, gross, total, exorbitant, violent, extremist, constitutional, native, unconventional, nonsensical, sharp, extreme point, fantastic, farthermost, outermost, super, rabid, undue, overmuch, stiff, strict, ingrained, farthest, big, overkill, immeasurable, positive, far-out, steep, imprudent, immoderate, inordinate, overabundant, entire, far, monstrous, uttermost, overzealous, irrational, complete, final, almighty, politics, flagrant, concern, original, furthermost, better, desperate, unmitigated, unreasonable, cautious, transcendent, intense, exaggerated, distant, abysmal, absurd, supreme, excess, unsurpassable, acute, natural, moderate.
- edge (part of speech: adjective)
- limiting (part of speech: adjective)
- summit (part of speech: adjective)
- extreme (part of speech: adjective)
- "A Handbook of Health", Woods Hutchinson.
- "Orthodoxy: Its Truths And Errors", James Freeman Clarke.
- "Sylvia's Lovers -- Complete", Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell.