Definition of face:
- Cast of features; expression of countenance; look; air; appearance.
- Maintenance of the countenance free from abashment or confusion; confidence; boldness; shamelessness; effrontery.
- Mode of regard, whether favorable or unfavorable; favor or anger; mostly in Scriptural phrases.
- Outside appearance; surface show; look; external aspect, whether natural, assumed, or acquired.
- Presence; sight; front; as in the phrases, before the face of, in the immediate presence of; in the face of, before, in, or against the front of; as, to fly in the face of danger; to the face of, directly to; from the face of, from the presence of.
- Ten degrees in extent of a sign of the zodiac.
- That part of a body, having several sides, which may be seen from one point, or which is presented toward a certain direction; one of the bounding planes of a solid; as, a cube has six faces.
- That part of the acting surface of a cog in a cog wheel, which projects beyond the pitch line.
- That part of the head, esp. of man, in which the eyes, cheeks, nose, and mouth are situated; visage; countenance.
- The end or wall of the tunnel, drift, or excavation, at which work is progressing or was last done.
- The exact amount expressed on a bill, note, bond, or other mercantile paper, without any addition for interest or reduction for discount.
- The exterior form or appearance of anything; that part which presents itself to the view; especially, the front or upper part or surface; that which particularly offers itself to the view of a spectator.
- The principal dressed surface of a plate, disk, or pulley; the principal flat surface of a part or object.
- The style or cut of a type or font of type.
- The upper surface, or the character upon the surface, of a type, plate, etc.
- The width of a pulley, or the length of a cog from end to end; as, a pulley or cog wheel of ten inches face.
- To carry a false appearance; to play the hypocrite.
- To cause to turn or present a face or front, as in a particular direction.
- To Confront impudently; to bully.
- To cover in front, for ornament, protection, etc.; to put a facing upon; as, a building faced with marble.
- To cover with better, or better appearing, material than the mass consists of, for purpose of deception, as the surface of a box of tea, a barrel of sugar, etc.
- To line near the edge, esp. with a different material; as, to face the front of a coat, or the bottom of a dress.
- To make the surface of ( anything) flat or smooth; to dress the face of ( a stone, a casting, etc.); esp., in turning, to shape or smooth the flat surface of, as distinguished from the cylindrical surface.
- To meet in front; to oppose with firmness; to resist, or to meet for the purpose of stopping or opposing; to confront; to encounter; as, to face an enemy in the field of battle.
- To present a face or front.
- To stand opposite to; to stand with the face or front toward; to front upon; as, the apartments of the general faced the park.
- To turn the face; as, to face to the right or left.
grammatical case, case, character, facet, facial expression, bet, verbal expression, governance, prestige, demo, expect, award, organisation, dial, present, eccentric, express, veneer, baptistery, example, mug, facing, vitrine, appearance, discourtesy, reckon, type, impudence, incline, administration, cover, frontage, show, side, strikingness, depend, looking, hardiness, forwardness, prospect, confront, represent, position, shell, effrontery, muzzle, font, assumption, caseful, plaque, breast, introduce, count, gift, rudeness, reflection, kisser, locution, submit, manifestation, frontispiece, window-dressing, sheath, self-respect, await, silhouette, facial gesture, moue, showcase, acquaint, pretext, heart, flavour, boldness, brazenness, aspect, take care, casing, deliver, appearance, slope, put-on, uppityness, lawsuit, search, instance, slip, fount, buttock, countenance, face up, mouth, salute, stage, standing, nerve, sassiness, guinea pig, status, disrespect, brass, reputation, tone, seem, impertinence, familiarity, impudency, grammatical construction, suit, wait, appear, baptismal font, pan, crust, see, compositor's case, cloak, disguise, flavor, status, attend, chutzpah, nerviness, masquerade, map, construction, verbalism, display case, pushiness, color, feature, establishment, smell, pretense, give, standing, vista, nervus, audaciousness, formulation, gall, expression, pose, pillow slip, pout, typesetter's case, uppishness, event, cheek, cast, mettle, courtesy, incivility, lay out, side of meat, demonstrate, typeface, frontal, pillowcase, cheekiness, gloss, presumptuousness, daring, human face, front, respect, exhibit, precede, brass section, pertness, grimace, attitude, insolence, puss, feeling, physiognomy, reflexion, features, plane, hardihood, formula, mask, fountain, memorial tablet, guise, coloring, saying, sauciness, feel, portray, looking at, audacity, brass instrument, cause, cast, veil, subject, semblance, overconfidence, top, view, spirit, governing body, calculate, sauce, visage, organization, causa, baptistry, false colors, panorama, brashness, spunk, look, dignity, scene, profile, disguisement.
- front (part of speech: noun)
- contend (part of speech: verb)
- line (part of speech: verb)
- outward (part of speech: adjective)
- confront (part of speech: verb)
- defy (part of speech: verb)
- appearance (part of speech: noun)