Definition of facet:
- A little face; a small, plane surface; as, the facets of a diamond.
- A smooth circumscribed surface; as, the articular facet of a bone.
- One of the numerous small eyes which make up the compound eyes of insects and crustaceans.
- The narrow plane surface between flutings of a column.
- To cut facets or small faces upon; as, to facet a diamond.
vista, frame of reference, respect, perspective, plane, view, panorama, aspect, regard, expression, side, plane, angle, phase, facial expression, hand, prospect, phase, study at phase, scene, side, study at phase, look, face, light.
- "Modern Machine-Shop Practice, Volumes I and II", Joshua Rose.
- "The Trespasser", D.H. Lawrence.
Somewhere behind their jagged peaks the sun must have risen, but as yet no snowy facet winked the news to Winterwald, and the softer summits lost all character against a sky only less white than themselves.- "The Crime Doctor", Ernest William Hornung.