Definition of facilitate:
press forward, urge on, unclog, make easy, make haste, drive, ease, grease, drive on, orchestrate, smooth, palliate, comfort, arrange, organize, plan, speed, help, allay, still, assuage, dream up, draw up, finalize, fix, urge, map out, help oneself, easy, think ahead, despatch, loosen, alleviate, grease the wheels, avail.
- intervene (part of speech: verb)
- expedite (part of speech: verb)
- mediate (part of speech: verb)
- utilize (part of speech: verb)
- enable (part of speech: verb)
- facilitate (part of speech: verb)
- aid (part of speech: verb)
They soon met, in a retired part of the way, a stranger, armed according to the custom of the times, and mounted upon a very magnificent steed, which had been prepared for him to facilitate his escape after the accomplishment of the fell deed.- "Henry IV, Makers of History", John S. C. Abbott.
Where the road crossed the stream deep approaches had been dug into the banks in order to facilitate the passage of conveyances- a " drift" it is called in South Africa- and on either side for a distance of a mile, up and down the stream, the burghers stood by their horses and waited for the coming of the day.- "With the Boer Forces", Howard C. Hillegas.
- "In Indian Mexico (1908)", Frederick Starr.