Definition of factory:
- A building, or collection of buildings, appropriated to the manufacture of goods; the place where workmen are employed in fabricating goods, wares, or utensils; a manufactory; as, a cotton factory.
- A house or place where factors, or commercial agents, reside, to transact business for their employers.
- The body of factors in any place; as, a chaplain to a British factory.
facility, grinder, foundry, branch, brewery, workroom, packing plant, machine shop, works, grind, work, pulverisation, assembly plant, warehouse, manufactory, make, manufacturing plant, guild, supply house, milling machinery, industry, pulverization, outfitters, carpenter shop, place, establishment, firm, company, sweatshop, cooperative, mint, mill, layout, processing plant, loom, forge.
- "Silas Marner The Weaver of Raveloe", George Eliot.
- "From Crow-Scaring to Westminster; an Autobiography", George Edwards M.P., O.B.E..
- "Tomato Culture: A Practical Treatise on the Tomato", William Warner Tracy.