Definition of fail:
- Death; decease.
- Miscarriage; failure; deficiency; fault; - mostly superseded by failure or failing, except in the phrase without fail.
- To be affected with want; to come short; to lack; to be deficient or unprovided; - used with of.
- To be found wanting with respect to an action or a duty to be performed, a result to be secured, etc.; to miss; not to fulfill expectation.
- To be wanting to ; to be insufficient for; to disappoint; to desert.
- To be wanting; to fall short; to be or become deficient in any measure or degree up to total absence; to cease to be furnished in the usual or expected manner, or to be altogether cut off from supply; to be lacking; as, streams fail; crops fail.
- To become unable to meet one's engagements; especially, to be unable to pay one's debts or discharge one's business obligation; to become bankrupt or insolvent.
- To come short of a result or object aimed at or desired ; to be baffled or frusrated.
- To deteriorate in respect to vigor, activity, resources, etc.; to become weaker; as, a sick man fails.
- To err in judgment; to be mistaken.
- To fall away; to become diminished; to decline; to decay; to sink.
- To miss of attaining; to lose.
- To perish; to die; - used of a person.
get out, money, go, become, live on, omit, dishonor, bewray, deteriorate, cuckold, break off, drop dead, fracture, run short, give out, stag, bring out, part, live, perish, crumble, infract, disclose, depart, displease, plump, discontinue, erupt, die, wash out, betray, wear out, go wrong, crack, give off, pall, pretermit, cave in, lessen, shop, decay, waste, lead astray, hold out, dismiss, lose it, transgress, pause, do, take apart, expose, smash, go under, analyse, come apart, interrupt, cheat, function, move over, founder, fall through, die out, work, peter out, run off, fall apart, flush it, tell on, dampen, emit, blend, damp, break, conk out, miss, spoil, crush, snitch, blend in, gain, fall short, wander, break out, languish, split, decline, wane, snap off, default, buy the farm, locomote, crash, lead, develop, sell, start, crumple, kick the bucket, move, distribute, beetle off, weaken, fit, ease up, let out, increase, come down, belong, bankrupt, tumble, break in, pass away, snuff it, repudiate, suspend, go down, extend, pass out, give way, go bad, wear, fall in, fall down, strike out, run down, relegate, bolt out, travel, pass, exit, leave out, disappoint, go against, help, hand out, run low, yield, grass, thrive, break away, give away, miscarry, breach, denounce, drop, bomb, succeed, kick downstairs, abort, bombard, last, become flat, unwrap, let on, survive, strong, sink, dissect, break up, hold up, rifle, give, soften, flag, cheat on, overleap, prosper, spill, get, fizzle, let down, conk, choke, pop off, endure, operate, fade, backslide, bump, break dance, poop out, reveal, rat, discover, run out, abandon, get going, run, excess, separate, stop, better, desert, expire, burst, croak, break down, shit, bite the dust, drain, split up, violate, go away, snap, deceive, intermit, recrudesce, bolt, misfire, fold, sound, divulge, leave, decompose, neglect, analyze, get around, demote, slip, degenerate, give-up the ghost, win, cash in one's chips, ruin, worsen, decease, check, offend, proceed.