Definition of faint:
- Lacking distinctness; hardly perceptible; striking the senses feebly; not bright, or loud, or sharp, or forcible; weak; as, a faint color, or sound.
- Lacking strength; weak; languid; inclined to swoon; as, faint with fatigue, hunger, or thirst.
- Performed, done, or acted, in a weak or feeble manner; not exhibiting vigor, strength, or energy; slight; as, faint efforts; faint resistance.
- The act of fainting, or the state of one who has fainted; a swoon. [ R.] See Fainting, n.
- To become weak or wanting in vigor; to grow feeble; to lose strength and color, and the control of the bodily or mental functions; to swoon; - sometimes with away. See Fainting, n.
- To cause to faint or become dispirited; to depress; to weaken.
- To decay; to disappear; to vanish.
- To sink into dejection; to lose courage or spirit; to become depressed or despondent.
- Wanting in courage, spirit, or energy; timorous; cowardly; dejected; depressed; as, heart ne'er won fair lady.
decease, obtuse, wanton, far-off, choke, timid, swoon, succumb, dimmed, unclear, giddy, dearest, cash in one's chips, wimpy, perish, commemorative, undefined, lightheaded, dumb, wraithlike, become unconscious, whispered, sick, slim, etched, ill, enfeebled, buy the farm, knock out, soothing, absent, fit, sapped, swooning, languid, aside, have a stroke, snuff it, imperfect, wisplike, black, dark, washy, pop off, gentle, prostrate, light, gauzy, nerveless, irresolute, low-pitched, fainthearted, drop, sluttish, shady, shy, big, zonk out, asthenic, promiscuous, purposeless, airheaded, shadowed, hoarse, indefinite, undetermined, go under, loud, short, go, blurred, croak, indistinct, mild, collapse, wispy, go into a coma, weakened, worn down, syncope, black out, pass, faint-hearted, brooding, invisible, faded, coward, idle, perceptible, wakeful, dulcet, conscious, shadowy, obscure, lightsome, lite, debile, curious, cowardly, loose, lame, low-cal, faint away, suffer sunstroke, fuzzy, flat, sapless, imperceptible, elusive, fall, audible, slight, fond hope/wish/dream etc., balmy, deep, feeble, padded, pale, easy, breathless, distribute, pass out, thin, unaccented, featherbrained, blackout, umbrageous, nebulous, moderate, exit, hand out, light-colored, diffident, give out, light-headed, wearied, faltering, give-up the ghost, watery, hushed, vague, outside, dense, unsure, kick the bucket, smooth, dim, expire, catchy, slump, tender, dizzy, stall, negligible, pass away, die, prostrated, delicate, bug-eyed, indistinguishable, go out like a light, bleak, blurry, dimly, quiet, strong, inconspicuous, beatific, stun, fallible, subtle, slow, raucous, heavy, empty-headed, subdued, deliquium, darkly, keel over, softened, remote, abstemious, inaudible, conk, undistinct, effete, clear, fearful, faint dead away, calorie-free, down-and-out, slender, weakly, worn, enervated, silly, appealing, unclouded, high, drop dead, calm, misty, scant, syncopation, ill-defined, unsubstantial, tripping, grave, suffer syncope, weak, wimpish, blear, be overcome, awareness, distant, clean, half-hearted, unrealistic, opaque.
- feeble (part of speech: adjective)
- dim (part of speech: adjective)
- quiet (part of speech: adjective)
- senseless (part of speech: adjective)
- weary (part of speech: adjective)