Definition of faintness:
- feebleness (part of speech: noun)
- dimness (part of speech: noun)
- insensibility (part of speech: noun)
- quietness (part of speech: noun)
- weariness (part of speech: noun)
- "Red Men and White", Owen Wister.
- "The Devil's Paw", E. Phillips Oppenheim.
And Mrs. Sullivan went to the closet for her shawl, giving Gertrude an opportunity to beg of Dr. Jeremy that he would await her return; for she knew that any unusual agitation of mind would often cause an attack of faintness in Mrs. Sullivan, and was afraid to have her left alone, to dwell with alarm upon Mr. Cooper's prolonged absence.- "The Lamplighter", Maria S. Cummins.