Definition of faith :
1. Belief; the assent of the mind to the truth of what is declared by another, resting solely and implicitly on his authority and veracity; reliance on testimony.
2. By my faith; in truth; verily.
3. Credibility or truth.
4. Fidelity to one's promises, or allegiance to duty, or to a person honored and beloved; loyalty.
5. That which is believed on any subject, whether in science, politics, or religion; especially ( Theol.), a system of religious belief of any kind; as, the Jewish or Mohammedan faith; and especially, the system of truth taught by Christ; as, the Christian faith; also, the creed or belief of a Christian society or church.
6. The assent of the mind to the statement or proposition of another, on the ground of the manifest truth of what he utters; firm and earnest belief, on probable evidence of any kind, especially in regard to important moral truth.
7. The belief in the facts and truth of the Scriptures, with a practical love of them; especially, that confiding and affectionate belief in the person and work of Christ, which affects the character and life, and makes a man a true Christian, -- called a practical, evangelical, or saving faith.
8. The belief in the historic truthfulness of the Scripture narrative, and the supernatural origin of its teachings, sometimes called historical and speculative faith.
9. Word or honor pledged; promise given; fidelity; as, he violated his faith.
trustingness, steadfastness, confession, doubt, credit, stock, blasphemy, dishonesty, organized religion, trustfulness, attachment, concept, absolution, theory, persuasion, ideal, troth, blasphemous, acceptance, adhesion, blessing, fealty, denomination, revelation, cartel, fidelity, combine, angel, teaching, church, fastness, skepticism, loyalty, reliance, duplicity, piety, devotion, blaspheme, angelic, profession, worship, assent, commitment, cult, infidelity, devotedness, sect, article of faith, archangel, dedication, faithfulness, canon, dependence, corporate trust, bless, communion, allegiance, religious belief, constancy
belief (part of speech: noun)
hope (part of speech: noun)
theology (part of speech: noun)
certainty (part of speech: noun)