Definition of faithful :
1. Firm in adherence to promises, oaths, contracts, treaties, or other engagements.
2. Full of faith, or having faith; disposed to believe, especially in the declarations and promises of God.
3. True and constant in affection or allegiance to a person to whom one is bound by a vow, be ties of love, gratitude, or honor, as to a husband, a prince, a friend; firm in the observance of duty; loyal; of true fidelity; as, a faithful husband or servant.
4. Worthy of confidence and belief; conformable to truth ot fact; exact; accurate; as, a faithful narrative or representation.
true to, stuffy, crimp, firm in adherence, authoritative, bend, flexure, true as steel, close, at the feet of, liege, precise, hard-core, attached, continue, strict, patriotic, close-fitting, true-blue, fast, confiding, plication, straight, tight, convincing, unaired, supportive, fold, sheepfold, accurate, unswerving, authentic, rigorous, careful, sheepcote, stanch, valid, cheeseparing, airless, plica, incorruptible, right, upright, trusted, nigh, folding, scrupulous, sheep pen, correct, truehearted, unchanging, closemouthed, honorable, skinny, sincere, flock, secretive, tightlipped, honest, crease, trust, veridical, snug, closelipped, confining, veracious, full, credible, genuine, tried and true, congregating, real, near, congregation, penny-pinching
loving (part of speech: adjective)
hopeful (part of speech: adjective)
tenacious (part of speech: adjective)
orthodox (part of speech: adjective)
resolute (part of speech: adjective)
indomitable, hearty, tireless, steady, dedicated, implacable, set, insistent, firm, indefatigable, committed, thorough, persevering, unyielding, unchangeable, unbending, strong-willed, serious, persistent, bold, staunch, fearless, true, unshakeable, constant, steely, courageous, relentless, unwavering, tenacious, earnest, strong-minded, stern, headstrong, intent, uncompromising, diligent, ruthless, reliable, unflinching, valiant, bullheaded, dauntless, tough, iron-willed, determined, willing, resolved, resolute, deliberate, dogged, stubborn, steadfast, decisive, spunky, zealous, plucky, inexorable, decided
pious (part of speech: adjective)
lifelike (part of speech: adjective)
reliable (part of speech: adjective)
obedient (part of speech: adjective)
trusting (part of speech: adjective)
- Come, you faithful companion of my life! - "Old Fritz and the New Era", Louise Muhlbach.
- If you do this, he will know where he can find somebody who is faithful when he wants something else done. - "Heart Talks", Charles Wesley Naylor.
- Fancy a man being faithful all that time. - "The Sisters-In-Law", Gertrude Atherton.