Definition of fake:
- A trick; a swindle.
- One of the circles or windings of a cable or hawser, as it lies in a coil; a single turn or coil.
- To cheat; to swindle; to steal; to rob.
- To coil ( a rope, line, or hawser), by winding alternately in opposite directions, in layers usually of zigzag or figure of eight form, to prevent twisting when running out.
- To make; to construct; to do.
- To manipulate fraudulently, so as to make an object appear better or other than it really is; as, to fake a bulldog, by burning his upper lip and thus artificially shortening it.
jook house, keep in line, impostor, control, shape, invent, false, humbug, simulated, assumed, parry, dissimulator, histrion, excogitate, mistaken, talk through one's hat, pull strings, wangle, mold, bull through, shammer, pseudo, elude, imitative, spurt, suppositious, fictitious, belie, rig, spirt, forge, malingerer, fashion, hoax, prepare, faux, pull wires, skulker, evade, off-key, artificial, juke, phoney, put-on, contrive, thespian, form, unreal, sidestep, formulate, work, fictive, pseud, counterfeit, devise, postiche, ready, put off, fraudulence, juke house, manipulate, circumvent, imitation, untrue, bogus, make, pretended, fix, finagle, supposititious, fudge, forgery, sour, duck, hedge, warp, mould, manage, jook joint, dissembler, bull, hammer, misrepresent, player, alter, true, fraud, dupery, pretender, role player, phony, jook, garble, delusive, actor, bastard, juke joint, simulate, interpolate, cook, quack, spurious, skirt, false hair, faker, hypocrite, sham, bullshit, imposter, mountebank, dodge, hairpiece, falsify.
false (part of speech: adjective)
- study at false
- misrepresent (part of speech: verb)
- deceiver (part of speech: noun)
- misrepresentation (part of speech: noun)
pretentious (part of speech: adjective)
- pretend (part of speech: verb)
- "The Man From the Clouds", J. Storer Clouston.
- "Time Crime", H. Beam Piper.
- "The Turner Twins", Ralph Henry Barbour.