Definition of fallow :
1. Land that has lain a year or more untilled or unseeded; land plowed without being sowed for the season.
2. Left untilled or unsowed after plowing; uncultivated; as, fallow ground.
3. Pale red or pale yellow; as, a fallow deer or greyhound.
4. Plowed land.
5. The plowing or tilling of land, without sowing it for a season; as, summer fallow, properly conducted, has ever been found a sure method of destroying weeds.
6. To plow, harrow, and break up, as land, without seeding, for the purpose of destroying weeds and insects, and rendering it mellow; as, it is profitable to fallow cold, strong, clayey land.
idle, corn, cash crop, cultivate, unplowed, vacant, crop circle, undeveloped, unbroken, slump, inactive, dormant, latent, cultivated, the slow lane, trough, inert, crop rotation, dead, arable, free, eclipse, bad hair day, failure, lull, combine, off day, unexploited, neglected, wilderness, off, unploughed, crop, unused, inoperative
unproductive (part of speech: adjective)
yellow (part of speech: adjective)
gold, aurin, honey, creamy, crocus, sunny, saffron, maize, sunshine, amber, yellow, buttery, cream-colored, sulfur, champagne, tawny, chartreuse, honey-colored, sandy, buff, jasmine, canary, primrose, dandelion, xanthic, gilded, golden, ecru, straw, flaxen, mustard, citron, jaundiced, sallow, lemon, goldenrod
unproductiveness (part of speech: noun)
- For his personal use he took four horses of different colours: one white, one sorrel, one fallow red, and one black. - "Four Arthurian Romances "Erec et Enide", "Cliges", "Yvain", and "Lancelot"", Chretien DeTroyes.
- He's lyin' in's bed, quaiet eneuch, puir fallow!" - "Alec Forbes of Howglen", George MacDonald.
- We're not accustomed to this in Fallow field. - "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.