Definition of faltering:
faded, flutter, flicker, listless, faint, disinclination, indisposition, waver, purposeless, irresolute, timid, hesitation, feeble, indistinct, faint-hearted, half-hearted, worn, languid, wearied, fatigued, wavering, dim, reluctance, weak, worn out, unsteady, falter, exhausted, vacillation, worn down, hesitancy, ill-defined.
- failing (part of speech: verb)
- hesitating (part of speech: verb)
- stumbling (part of speech: verb)
- flinching (part of speech: verb)
- "Round the Red Lamp Being Facts and Fancies of Medical Life", Arthur Conan Doyle.
- "The Return of Tharn", Howard Carleton Browne.
- "Between Whiles", Helen Hunt Jackson.