Definition of fame :
1. Public report or rumor.
2. Report or opinion generally diffused; renown; public estimation; celebrity, either favorable or unfavorable; as, the fame of Washington.
3. To make famous or renowned.
4. To report widely or honorably.
kudos, standing, consequence, famous person, position, credit, limelight, regard, station, luster, recognition, eminency, oblivion, note, prestige, laurels, notice, obscurity, respect, knowledge, eminence, greatness, glory, place, splendor, mark, account, honor, prominency, important, dignity, rank, repute
reputation (part of speech: noun)
famousness, noteworthiness, renown, preeminence, report, fable, elevation, name, publicity, acclaim, rep, illustriousness, notability, hearsay, character, notoriety, esteem, prominence, memorability, estimation, legend, reputation, distinction, celebrity, popularity
- He wept for his youth, his happiness, his honor, and his fame. - "Berlin and Sans-Souci", Louise Muhlbach.
- His fame would follow after. - "There was a King in Egypt", Norma Lorimer.
- Now, when you come to think of it, boys and girls, that is a nice sort of fame to have- to remain for- let me see how many hundred years? - "The Adventures of Akbar", Flora Annie Steel.