Definition of fancy :
1. A sort of love song or light impromptu ballad.
2. Adapted to please the fancy or taste; ornamental; as, fancy goods.
3. An image or representation of anything formed in the mind; conception; thought; idea; conceit.
4. An opinion or notion formed without much reflection; caprice; whim; impression.
5. Extravagant; above real value.
6. Inclination; liking, formed by caprice rather than reason; as, to strike one's fancy; hence, the object of inclination or liking.
7. That which pleases or entertains the taste or caprice without much use or value.
8. The faculty by which the mind forms an image or a representation of anything perceived before; the power of combining and modifying such objects into new pictures or images; the power of readily and happily creating and recalling such objects for the purpose of amusement, wit, or embellishment; imagination.
9. To believe without sufficient evidence; to imagine ( something which is unreal).
10. To figure to one's self; to believe or imagine something without proof.
11. To form a conception of; to portray in the mind; to imagine.
12. To have a fancy for; to like; to be pleased with, particularly on account of external appearance or manners.
13. To love.
romance, fussy, damask, unconscionable, check, juicy, detailed, day-dream, thaumaturgy, bee, overdue, on the pull, discover, intolerable, garnished, phantasma, regard, upscale, attend, basic, crackle, crenellate, philia, love, reverie, sophisticated, conjecture, tenderness, extra, excite, see, distinguished, find out, go through, predilection, dressy, upmarket, work out, depict, take care, estimate, lovingness, figure, design, daydream, hold, conceive, image, crenelate, try for, get word, catch, show, all-in, cypher, battlemented, enviable, mind, partisanship, churrigueresco, get wind, encounter, damascened, involved, hear, love affair, attachment, fraud, extreme, bejeweled, excited, aureate, incomprehensible, pick up, fantasy, fondness, castled, ascertain, visualise, awesome, calculate, real, view, myth, confusing, freak, discounted, conjuring trick, partiality, throw, full, undue, enter, vermicular, semblance, warmness, externalise, interpret, realise, churrigueresque, bond, take in, magic trick, stick out, puff, designer, date, preference, exorbitant, run across, confused, suppose, look, awe-inspiring, damascene, imagine, busy, inordinate, good, magic, assume, examine, look for, fiction, consent, insane, penchant, understand, respected, legerdemain, think up, liking, phantasy, plan, sexy, apply, edible, castellated, propose, render, tangy, visualize, imaginativeness, warmth, overmuch, taste, mirage, delicately, appetizing, complicated, foresee, immoderate, puffed, see to it, frisky, have your heart set on (doing) something, trance, overweening, crenelated, find, picture, passion, inclusive, take to, phantasm, impulse, heroic, beaded, visit, plethoric, contorted, luxuriant, get a line, delusion, witness, externalize, warmheartedness, pleasure, head game, optical illusion, randy, construe, reckon, conceit, vision, chargeable, insure, affection, envision, protrude, escort, chintzy, delicious, sex, go out, praiseworthy, assure, imaginings, compute, experience, boutade, vermiculate, come across, indented, vermiculated, contemplate, conjuration, emblazoned, admirable, read into, commendable, send off, bedecked, unmerciful, embossed, ensure, run into, falsehood, give (full) rein to something/give something (full) rein, have visions of (doing) something, leaning, tasty, imagination, noteworthy, control, difficult, jut, will, arouse, affectionateness, aspire, deception, cipher, illusion, amorousness, notion, visualization, lacy, realize, forecast, palatable, lacelike, humor, flashy, count on, in style, project, delicate, towering, half-price, dream, devilish, a figment of your imagination, contrive, jut out, fanciful, stiff, trick, steep, embattled, figment, learn, watch, all-inclusive, fashion-conscious, crenellated, hallucination, flavorful, hot, heart, complex, succulent, meet, megrim, consider, go for, cast, accept, go steady, extravagant, lust after, overextravagant
ornamental (part of speech: adjective)
elegant, intricate, ornamental, crowning, gaudy, sumptuous, picturesque, dandifying, adorning, lavish, resplendent, decorated, enriching, adorned, decorative, pretty, ostentatious, quaint, gingerbread, garnishing
desire (part of speech: verb)
ornately spoken or written (part of speech: adjective)
flowery, ponderous, lofty, grandiloquent, baroque, opulent, highfalutin, gilded, embellished, eloquent, showy, rich, ornate, voluble, bombastic, flamboyant, high-sounding, florid, rhetorical, splashy, rococo, elaborate, bloated, inflated
special (part of speech: adjective)
choose (part of speech: verb)
fashionable (part of speech: adjective)
caprice (part of speech: noun)
fleetingness, fickleness, vagary, sporadicalness, randomness, caprice, fluctuation, arbitrariness, fitfulness, flightiness, whim, indecisiveness, impulsiveness, changeability, whimsy, vacillation, volatility, fancifulness
- Goodness knows what fancy he got into his head. - "Wives and Widows; or The Broken Life", Ann S. Stephens.
- I fancy your mother has told you of her. - "Molly Brown's Orchard Home", Nell Speed.
- " I fancy I shall be well enough to see Mrs. Inchbare," she thought to herself. - "Man and Wife", Wilkie Collins.