Definition of fantastic:
- A person given to fantastic dress, manners, etc.; an eccentric person; a fop.
- Existing only in imagination; fanciful; imaginary; not real; chimerical.
- Having the nature of a phantom; unreal.
- Indulging the vagaries of imagination; whimsical; full of absurd fancies; capricious; as, fantastic minds; a fantastic mistress.
- Resembling fantasies in irregularity, caprice, or eccentricity; irregular; oddly shaped; grotesque.
rattling, continue, uncivilised, chimerical, grand, neat, comical, artificial, unusual, far-fetched, wonderful, changeable, divine, true, erratic, howling, wild, antic, astounding, ticklish, unwarranted, raving mad, hallucinatory, strange, queer, cool, amazing, unrealistic, furious, ordinary, invented, hazardous, variable, super, weird, stupendous, groovy, inconstant, waste, unstable, phantasmagoric, foreign, monstrous, dandy, tempestuous, groundless, mannered, barbaric, great, out of sight, ripping, high-flown, risky, swell, tremendous, grotesque, freakish, extraordinary, singular, quaint, idle, temperamental, fictional, violent, change, usual, good, fictitious, uncivilized, prodigious, ridiculous, plain, eccentric, visionary, phenomenal, real, odd, barbarian, godforsaken, wondrous, nifty, baseless, ludicrous, fanciful, keen, splendid, gaga, superb, extravagant, unpredictable, bizarre, untamed, marvellous, hot, fancy, unreal, savage, illusive, absurd, unbelievable, raging, marvelous, whimsical, vague, extreme, glorious, inconsistent, mercurial, unsteady, imaginative, astonishing, capricious, crazy, unfounded, affected, terrific, baroque, fickle, conventional, angry, uncertain, made-up, notional, fictive, dotty, fantastical, chimeric, volatile.
- exceptional (part of speech: adjective)
- suppositional (part of speech: adjective)
- unbelievable (part of speech: adjective)
- imaginary (part of speech: adjective)
- "The Golden Rock", Ernest Glanville.
- "The Main Chance", Meredith Nicholson.
- "The Grammar of English Grammars", Goold Brown.