Definition of fare:
- A journey; a passage.
- Ado; bustle; business.
- Condition or state of things; fortune; hap; cheer.
- Food; provisions for the table; entertainment; as, coarse fare; delicious fare.
- The catch of fish on a fishing vessel.
- The person or persons conveyed in a vehicle; as, a full fare of passengers.
- The price of passage or going; the sum paid or due for conveying a person by land or water; as, the fare for crossing a river; the fare in a coach or by railway.
- To be in any state, or pass through any experience, good or bad; to be attended with any circummstances or train of events, fortunate or unfortunate; as, he fared well, or ill.
- To be treated or entertained at table, or with bodily or social comforts; to live.
- To behave; to conduct one's self.
- To go; to pass; to journey; to travel.
- To happen well, or ill; - used impersonally; as, we shall see how it will fare with him.
have sex, get laid, nourishment, behave, conform, write out, number, eats, tendency, common practice, bill of fare, pick out, descend, issue forth, vittles, chow, shape up, pabulum, fill out, hump, black cab, deportation, make love, accord, provender, partake, cab, lie with, be your normal self, dish, hail, cooking, aliment, provisions, get by, come up, transit, transfer, nutrition, discern, contend, do it, know, booking, have it off, muddle through, transferral, groceries, manage, as is someone's wont, check, progress, chuck, come on, recognise, expatriation, provision, table, cabstand, edible, transportation, cut, get on with, coiffe, book, conduct yourself, transport, bookable, foodstuffs, victual, proceed, bed, add up, pap, regimen, card, diet, spot, arrange, practise, grapple, ingest, execute, push on, come in, aisle seat, passage, cope, roll in the hay, victuals, exile, issue, jazz, dress, bus, ticket, fodder, cause, conveyance, patron, compensate, derive, journey, fill in, ritual, aboard, arrive, afloat, consume, advance, esculent, get it on, habit, expense, eat, be intimate, way of life, make, screw, computer menu, occur, have it away, come along, wend, exercise, fall, act, make out, travel, pass, total, serve, suffice, occupant, eff, practice, perform, rider, forage, set, hack, deal, edibles, revert to, treat, come, token, tariff, get, recognize, viands, toll, routine, booking office, get on, carte, bang, tucker, devour, answer, charge, coif, have intercourse, passenger, remove, carte du jour, daily life, go, have a go at it, transportation system, get along, follow, book on, comestible, comestibles, shift, bonk, take to, buyer, fend, custom, coiffure, discipline yourself, steer a course, arr., shipping, do, nurture, distinguish, sleep with, cycle rickshaw, complete, neck, get along with, make do, move, tell apart, love, thrive, amount, slug, sleep together, cabbie, eatables, menu.
- "NAPOLEON AND BLUCHER", L. Muhlbach.
- "Barriers Burned Away", E. P. Roe.
- "The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists", Robert Tressell.