Definition of farmer:
- One who farms
- One who hires and cultivates a farm; a cultivator of leased ground; a tenant.
- One who is devoted to the tillage of the soil; one who cultivates a farm; an agriculturist; a husbandman.
- One who takes taxes, customs, excise, or other duties, to collect, either paying a fixed annuual rent for the privilege; as, a farmer of the revenues.
- The lord of the field, or one who farms the lot and cope of the crown.
grazer, sower, James Leonard Farmer, homesteader, hydroponist, squire, cattleman, herdsman, field hand, rancher, gentleman farmer, producer, farm laborer, breeder, cultivator, plowman, migrant, yeoman, agriculturist, picker, grower, gleaner, tiller of the soil, cowgirl, livestock breeder, agronomist, countryman, cropper, peasant, dirt farmer, cowhand, hired hand, agriculturalist, Fannie Merritt Farmer, tenant, granger, tiller, migrant worker, sheepman, husbandman, settler, peon, stockman, hired man, truck gardener, help, les, Fannie Farmer, cowpoke, operator, sharecropper, pomologist, orchardist, gardener, sodbuster, tenant farmer, planter, cowboy, viticulturist, son of the soil, villein, nurseryman, farmhand, horticulturist, buckaroo, harvester.
- "The Complete Project Gutenberg Works of George Meredith", George Meredith.
- "Salute to Adventurers", John Buchan.
- "The Lights and Shadows of Real Life", T.S. Arthur Edition: 10 Language: English.