Definition of fatality :
1. That which is decreed by fate or which is fatal; a fatal event.
2. The state of being fatal, or proceeding from destiny; invincible necessity, superior to, and independent of, free and rational control.
3. The state of being fatal; tendency to destruction or danger, as if by decree of fate; mortaility.
necessity, lethality, unavoidableness, compulsion, indispensability, want, exigency, requisite, indispensableness, urgency, poisonousness, requirement, accident, necrosis, emergency, human death, need, deadliness, destiny, dying, casualty, virulence, live, sine qua non, extremity, essential, fate, body
death (part of speech: noun)
- Surely, surely, there is an absolute fatality in these things! - "Tales & Novels, Vol. IX [Contents: Harrington; Thoughts on Bores; Ormond]", Maria Edgeworth.
- A dim compassion came over him, and on a sudden the grey rain- clouds weighed upon him with a pall of melancholy, as though they were ominous of some inevitable fatality which threatened to crush her. - "Footsteps of Fate", Louis Couperus.
- She wanted to know the worst; and for her, as she saw in a flash, the worst of it was the core of fatality in what had happened. - "Sanctuary", Edith Wharton.