Definition of fault :
1. A defective point in an electric circuit due to a crossing of the parts of the conductor, or to contact with another conductor or the earth, or to a break in the circuit.
2. A dislocation caused by a slipping of rock masses along a plane of facture; also, the dislocated structure resulting from such slipping.
3. A dislocation of the strata of the vein.
4. A lost scent; act of losing the scent.
5. A moral failing; a defect or dereliction from duty; a deviation from propriety; an offense less serious than a crime.
6. Anything that fails, that is wanting, or that impairs excellence; a failing; a defect; a blemish.
7. Defect; want; lack; default.
8. Failure to serve the ball into the proper court.
9. In coal seams, coal rendered worthless by impurities in the seam; as, slate fault, dirt fault, etc.
10. To charge with a fault; to accuse; to find fault with; to blame.
11. To err; to blunder, to commit a fault; to do wrong.
12. To interrupt the continuity of ( rock strata) by displacement along a plane of fracture; - chiefly used in the p. p.; as, the coal beds are badly faulted.
cracking, malpractice, foible, praise, break of serve, falling out, deficiency, clay, shifting, the Davis Cup, transformation, misplay, lapse, intermission, gap, rupture, continental shelf, dishonor, respite, goof, want, jailbreak, fumble, breaking, gaolbreak, open frame, transmutation, misstep, vice, criticize, impropriety, prisonbreak, accountability, suspension, offense, trust, shimmy, ball girl, switch, find fault with, blame, continental drift, concern, clanger, rap, put down, alter ego, sack, predisposition, ace, blamable, obligation, recess, blight, rebuke, denigrate, happy chance, wrongdoing, smirch, displacement, crash, knock, affectation, Achilles' heel, sin, breakdown, bobble, excrescence, onus, charge, deride, liability, dent, injury, failing, commitment, transgression, culpability, delinquency, endowment, boo-boo, faulting, screwup, erroneousness, geological fault, responsibility, flub, chemise, pick, faultline, reproach, prison-breaking, shutdown, switching, help, guilty, guardianship, trip, incarnation, advantage, misdemeanor, bug, demerit, erroneous belief, find fault, blur, fluff, stumble, start, alley, beautiful, misunderstanding, ball boy, better, shortcoming, floor, break, cut up, disruption, duty period, guilt, clinker, persona, shift key, computer error, misconduct, geological, pan, shift, malfeasance, trouble, gaff, dereliction, gremlin, duty, daub, brick, trespass, boob, propensity, peccadillo, compulsion, teddy, excrescency, censure, weakness, geography, crime, time out, interruption, in the wrong, taint, break point, solecism, pause, frailty, misdeed, geology, good luck, remonstrate, inadequacy, slipup, infirmity, soil, jam, misapprehension, disgrace, breakage, failure, severance, crust, work shift, reprimand, breach, breakout, weak point, miscue, aquifer
blemish (part of speech: noun)
fleck, stain, blotch, imperfection, blemish, chip, defacement, impurity, weal, score, gash, nick, lesion, pockmark, notch, disfigurement, damage, freckle, blister, sore, speck, splotch, tarnish, crack, scar, dot, brand, abrasion, wart, scab, hack, mar, spot, spoilage, scrape, rift, hurt, check, mark, slit, scratch, drawback, deformity, blot, discoloration, scuff, stigma, eyesore, fracture, hole, kink
error (part of speech: noun)
falsehood, misconception, misestimation, defect, inaccuracy, typo, misprint, distortion, blunder, misconstruction, slip, error, flaw, aberration, fallacy, mistake, misjudgment, oversight, miscalculation, gaffe