Definition of favor:
- A gift or represent; something bestowed as an evidence of good will; a token of love; a knot of ribbons; something worn as a token of affection; as, a marriage favor is a bunch or knot of white ribbons or white flowers worn at a wedding.
- A kind act or office; kindness done or granted; benevolence shown by word or deed; an act of grace or good will, as distinct from justice or remuneration.
- A letter or epistle; - so called in civility or compliment; as, your favor of yesterday is received.
- Appearance; look; countenance; face.
- Kind regard; propitious aspect; countenance; friendly disposition; kindness; good will.
- Love locks.
- Mildness or mitigation of punishment; lenity.
- Partiality; bias.
- The act of countenancing, or the condition of being countenanced, or regarded propitiously; support; promotion; befriending.
- The object of regard; person or thing favored.
- To afford advantages for success to; to facilitate; as, a weak place favored the entrance of the enemy.
- To regard with kindness; to support; to aid, or to have the disposition to aid, or to wish success to; to be propitious to; to countenance; to treat with consideration or tenderness; to show partiality or unfair bias towards.
- To resemble in features; to have the aspect or looks of; as, the child favors his father.
kindness, fair, regard, indulgence, estimate, party favor, privilege, benefaction, preference, accept, gift, kind, benevolence, oblation, kindliness, good will, prefer, compliment, estimation, account, admiration, appreciation, partiality, party favour, beau geste, inclination, respect, esteem, partialness, philanthropy, present, benignity, honor, consideration, acceptance, office, grace, favour, give, praise, approbation, partiality, admiration, opt, approval, approval, favoritism, courtesy, service, good turn, beneficence.
- benefit (part of speech: verb)
- choose (part of speech: verb)
- assist (part of speech: verb)
- oblige (part of speech: verb)
- trophy (part of speech: noun)
- please (part of speech: verb)
- "The Mysterious Rider", Zane Grey.
- "Man and Wife", Wilkie Collins.
- "Legacy", James H Schmitz.